Is the summer season just around the corner? If that is the case, you better get ready for the daily rise in temperature! But if your home’s air conditioner is in proper working order, you don’t need to be exhausted and be buried from worries because of the scorching heat. You are indeed a wise and responsible homeowner if you have one! But malfunctions are unpredictable, so it’s important to have a reputable business you can always count on for high-quality and really satisfying air conditioning services, like the well-known company of Superb HVAC Repair Redwood City.
The majority of homeowners wonder how often they should change their AC system’s filter. As per recommended by experts, your filters must be changed every 45 days for max efficiency. A filter in your AC systems is an essential component of your system that acts as the blocker of bits of pollen and dust. If they won’t be blocked from entering your home, they will lower the quality of your indoor air. Your filter also served as a first line defense from much larger objects such as loose insulation which could cause damage or a fire risk. The following are the advantages you can get from changing your filter, namely the following: it will help your system last longer, it keeps your system clean, it gives you healthy air quality, and lastly, it will make your energy cost down. But if you do not change your air filter, it will surely cause you a problem. Clogged air filters are the number one reason for HVAC systems failure you must look out for.
For some homeowners, changing their air conditioner filters is hard which is why most of them are merely forgotten and even took months or years to be replaced. In cases such as this, learning how to change a filter would truly give help. Apart from learning how to do it by yourself, you will also save money from hiring a professional to get the job done. Although not everything comes easy, the steps we will provide will surely help you in a much more hassle-free way. Kindly refer to the list below.
- Turn off the power
- Look for the filter’s location and remove it
- Identify what type of filter you have
- Know its exact size
- Install the filter once you bought a new one
There is no doubt that there is a high necessity of changing the filter of your air conditioner systems. It helps the quality of our indoor air safe and gives us the right comfort. Hence, people should realize that changing their filters is a hassle but rather one of the efficient ways of keeping your home safe and sound.
How to Efficiently Clean Air Conditioner Filters?
An air filter is not just a filter but a vital part in your AC systems. According to experts, one way to make sure your air conditioner system is working at its best all year round is changing its filter. Aside from that, you will also be assured the quality of the air inside your home is 100% safe and comfortable to all. It may sound tireful to regularly change your filters, but for you to know, you are only helping yourselves as well as your AC systems. If you have pets at home or if you are a family of many members, then a regular cleaning for your filters is a must. Most especially, if you are prone to allergies, consider doing it. Availing yourself of quality air conditioning services is a great way to ease the burden you have but make sure you seek them from certified professionals like the experts of Superb HVAC Repair Redwood City.
Cleaning is one of the most easy and effective ways to make your systems work longer than you expect. And including the filters in your systems! Filters must be cleaned thoroughly and should never be on the last list on your day-to-day tasks. It is one of the most important parts of your AC system which is why you should prioritize it. People should remember the vital role a filter plays in every home, and start regular cleaning as early as now.
Many homeowners find it hard to know when and how to start a filter cleaning. They are conscious as they don’t want to damage their filters. But it is actually right! In cleaning your system’s filter, you must be extra careful. Of course, no one else wants to experience a much worse task other than cleaning your filters. In cleaning it, here are the 4 easy and quick steps you can follow to effectively and safely clean your air conditioner filters.
- Turning off your air conditioner system – First and foremost, examine your systems if it shows the signs that it needs to be cleaned. And before diagnosing your filter, make sure to never forget turning off your system. In this way, you will also have the time to check the system itself if it needs a cleaning too.
- Unscrew the vent cover and remove the filter – To remove your AC filter, you have to unscrew the vent cover or make use of the release handle. In locating your filter, it usually depends on your system. If you cannot find it despite numerous tries, consider calling the manufacturer and ask where the filter is located.
- Clean dust and dirt in your filter – If you see discoloration or visible dirt and dust in your AC, it is indeed time for you to clean your filter or if you want, you can replace it. But if your filter is a disposable one, throw it and replace it with a new disposable filter.
- Allow your air conditioner filter to dry – Thoroughly let your filter dry after washing it. As a tip and trick, you can use a hairdryer and set it to “cool” to make things easier and faster. Take note, never use hot blowers as it will damage the filter.
If in instance, you find it hard to locate your filter, or to remove it from your system, or even in cleaning it, let the certified professionals do the work. In hiring someone, you take note of their credentials. It is important to work with someone that is a certified professional to ensure the overall work is made and completed properly and efficiently.
When in need of professional help in maintaining your AC filters, count on the well-trusted company, Superb HVAC Repair Redwood City. Get in touch with our team today for more details!