Allocating time to fine-tune your air conditioning units is not just an investment in comfort but overall wellness and health. A well functioning AC is necessary for controlling air humidity and this helps prevent the growth of mold and mildew. Mold and mildew growth should be contained whenever possible to safeguard respiratory health. Therefore, whether you have an air conditioner for the entire house or just one room, it is essential to consider a maintenance routine because it can make a world of difference. If you notice that your AC is not functioning as well as it should, don’t quickly schedule a repair session. First, try the following maintenance tips provided so you can improve the level of comfort you experience and the effectiveness of your air conditioner. If you keep your air conditioner in good working order by following these ten 10 August Air Conditioning Maintenance tips from Superb HVAC Repair Redwood City, your home will remain comfortable throughout the summer and you won’t have to call for emergency air conditioning services.
- Clean Air Filters – The most important AC maintenance task is replacing or cleaning the air filter. Replace 1-inch pleated filters once a month. Based on your system, your contractor can recommend a filter. If your air conditioner is constantly running, is dusty, or you have pets, the filters may need to be changed.
- Check the Fins – Bending or squashed fins can be straightened by gently applying pressure with a dinner knife. Sticking the knife in any deeper than half an inch risks injuring yourself. On your AC’s fins, use a soft-bristle brush. Many systems require unscrewing and lifting away from a metal box. Just remember to gently lift the box to avoid the fins.
- Don’t Ignore The Noise – Modern fans are extremely quiet, so The compressor on a modern condenser may be noisy. An old unit’s noisy fan will not be muffled by a blanket. The following tools will be required to repair a noisy air conditioner: a screwdriver, a wrench, plywood, and a compressor sound blanket.
- Remove Debris Clogging The Condensate Drain – When the air conditioner is turned on, a clogged condensate drain tube causes water to pool around the furnace. AC coil condensation can form slime and clog the drain tube. Using pan tablets to prevent slime and drain tube obstructions.
- Dust Off AC Coils – Evaporator and condenser coils become filthy. Dirt restricts airflow and insulates the coil, lowering heat absorption. Dusty or leafy environments can cause exterior condenser coils to become filthy, so inspect and clean your air conditioner’s coils.
- Check the Insulation – Repairing damaged or rotten insulation around the exterior lines of your air conditioning system can improve its efficiency.
- Apply Lubricant to Moving Parts – If you have an older air conditioner, it most likely has service ports for lubricants. Check your owner’s manual to see what type of lubricant the manufacturer recommends. It is usually as simple as injecting it into the port, which leads to components such as your fan and compressor. Because newer air conditioners are self-lubricating, you may not notice any such ports.
- Check The Sinking AC Pad – Home air conditioner and heat exchanger pads settle over time. It’s fine if the pad has sunk as long as the copper coolant tubes and electrical cables are not strained. Take action if it sinks and tightens the lines, or if water pools around the unit. Get it fixed.
- Invest In A Programmable Thermostat – A programmable thermostat is required in today’s air conditioning system. Programmable thermostats allow you to set temperatures for different times of the day and automatically reduce the temperature when needed to save money and manage your cooling without constantly looking over the dial.
- Consider Calling A Professional – A lot of things that you can’t see can go wrong with an air conditioner. A professional technician can inspect the following items: electrical components, mechanical components, coolant levels, and duct integrity. Calling a professional once or twice a year ensures that your air conditioner receives expert AC services to keep it running as long as possible.
If you’re having a hard time executing any of the tips mentioned above, don’t risk it. Just call Superb HVAC Repair Redwood City and we guarantee unrivaled AC Repair in August like no other! Thanks to our industry-leading expertise in the field, we guarantee your cooling solutions all summer long!
Feel free to contact us whenever convenient for you to learn more about our technicians and full range of HVAC service options. Given our unparalleled level of experience, we are confident in saying that you will be completely satisfied with our services!